Our HistoryIt began 55 years ago. A handful of men acting on their commitment to start a Christian school mortgaged their homes and birthed a ministry. That first year in 1964, a tiny little school opened with 64 students in Kindergarten – 6th grades on Grand Avenue.
In 1978, the vision expanded, leading to the purchase of property at Baseline. At the time, the $10,000 price tag seemed monumental. Today, we laugh at such a bargain. Back then, it was a step of faith.
The journey continued with the sacrifice of many and the courage to seize opportunities for further development. This resulted in construction of our Athletics and Fine Arts Building (1986), the Baseline Education Complex (1998) and the Rt. 66 Preschool (2004).
Today we have nearly 800 students on two campuses in Preschool-8th grade. It’s now our turn on this God-honoring journey, to take steps of faith that not only honor those who have gone before us, but bless those who will also follow.
Our Strategic Plan casts a vision of what is possible in the next few years as we work together to make FCS a great place for kids!
Decidedly Academic. Distinctively Christian.
The mission of Foothill Christian School is to provide families with a Christ-centered, Biblically-directed education which encourages the development of a personal relationship with God and which instills the vision and practice of excellence in academics, character and service to God and others.
As a ministry of Foothill Church, the school’s core values align with the church’s vision of Loving God, Loving People and Loving Our World. They represent scriptural ideals that guide all areas of school life. Foothill Christian School is devoted to:
• pursuing God-honoring excellence and creativity in all aspects of the school
• cultivating spiritual growth and discipleship
• igniting a lifestyle of worship
Loving Each Other by…
• viewing everyone as important – staff, parents and students
• identifying and celebrating the unique giftedness and heritage of every child
• valuing relationships and adhering to principles that promote respect and unity
• providing a safe, positive learning environment
Loving Our World by…
• nurturing the vision and habits of lifelong service to others
• exercising responsible stewardship