Jr. Beta Club
ACSI Leadership Conference
Foothill Christian School Junior Beta Club is an honors service club for 7-8th grade students. The club promotes character, develops leadership skills, encourages service involvement, recognizes achievement, and provides technological advantages to students.
Our local chapter was founded in 1987 and is part of the National Beta Club which has a membership base over 417,000 students in the United States, Europe and throughout the world. The National Beta Club believes that to become productive citizens, young people must develop traits of good character, be willing to serve and give back to others, and develop leadership and interpersonal relationship skills. This aligns with Foothill Christian School’s core mission to educate the whole child, for the glory of God and for the sake of others!
Qualifications for membership are listed below:
• Must have a 3.5 grade point average to receive and invitation
• Must have outstanding conduct - "O's" or "S's" in citizenship
• Must submit two letters of recommendation
• Must maintain a 3.0 GPA to remain active
• Pay a small, one-time membership fee
• Attend monthly meetings
• Participate in 30 hours of community service for the year
Junior Beta Club Pledge
I hereby declare that I shall always strive.
To be honest and truthful at all times;
To maintain a creditable scholastic record;
To be of service to my teachers and fellowmen;
To conduct myself in a manner to reflect credit
Upon my school and community.