Library Media Center
Foothill Christian School features a spacious, bright, inviting library with over 25, 000 volumes available for student and staff use. The Library and Media Center is a dynamic resource center offering a broad range of materials; reference, fiction, and nonfiction. We are also committed to provide materials which support Christian standards and are morally acceptable and God-honoring. Studies show that school libraries can contribute to improved student achievement by providing instructional materials aligned to the curriculum. When students are able to explore information that is meaningful to them, they not only learn faster but their literacy skills grow rapidly; they are, in essence learning how to learn. Our librarian collaborates with the teachers to provide resources and learning opportunities for our students to achieve excellence in every area of their school experience.
1. To provide resources for students, which enable them to enjoy literature, use information effectively and to be life-long learners and readers in God’s world.
2. To enrich and support the curriculum through casual reading and research materials, enabling faculty to accomplish the school’s mission of providing excellence in education through the lens of a Christian worldview.
The web-based catalog is available at FCS Library World. Students are able to view, search titles, and check on availability in our library collection from any web browser.
Accelerated Reader (Renaissance)
AR is a web-based program which helps teachers monitor reading practice and progress in their students. Students in 1st through 8th grade participate in the AR program. This program motivates students to read and also serves as an accountability measure ensuring that students are reading independently. Students read books of their choice and take reading practice quizzes to determine their comprehension and to earn points toward their individual reading goals.
Parents and students may check to see if a particular title is in the AR program by going online, HERE.
There are 5 new iMacs available to students in the library for AR quizzing.
Mrs. Julie Quintana is Foothill's Librarian. Although this is her first year as librarian it is her 17th year at Foothill Christian.
Weekly library time is scheduled for TK through 5th grade. Junior high students do not have regularly scheduled library classes, however, arrangements are made with the teachers to bring their classes to the library to select books as needed.
- We have over 25,000 holdings, including books, periodicals, DVDs, Videos, Bibles and reference materials.
- We have an average of 1,250 books checked out each month.
- Every school year our students have read 77,220,318 words.